I hope this helps others, if not I know it helped me.
Ghost
I feel like a ghost
Not quite living yet not quite dead
A shell of the person I used to be
A shell of the person that can never completely return
On my best days you get an idea of the person I used to be
even though
I’m not whole
On my average days you may get a glimpse, you may be
touched, but you
May not see me
On my bad days, you may not even know I am there
I am a ghost
I wish to return to the living
Some days I may even wish to join the
Dead
I mourn
I mourn who I know I am that I cannot always show
I mourn for the life I know I deserve
I mourn for the many more lives I could have touched,
instead to choose between helping a few and not living for myself
Or
Try to live for myself but not be true at all
I am a ghost for I refuse to give up
I refuse to be a living corpse
My spirit refuses to let my death go unnoticed
My spirit seeks a path back to the
Living
My spirit seeks peace without being merely a shell
My soul seeks to live for me and not just for others
My soul seeks to live for immortality
For the long lasting effects I will have on others
For the positive energy I will pass on
So I will fight
The ghost that I am will not go unnoticed
The ghost that I am will be more whole than many of the
living
The ghost that I am will know more about life and how to
appreciate it than many of the living
Yes I will continue to fight
Yes I will continue to seek a path to life
I will not give up
No comments:
Post a Comment